Wednesday, March 16, 2016

New Plan!

Before the holidays, I was asked to fix someone's sweater.  I looked high and low to find matching colours for the wool sweater.  It had 6 safety pins to hold various holes in place, and had previous iterations of patching done by the owner's mother.

It took me longer than I care to admit, but I finally found colours that could match as best they could, and fixed up the holes along with a number of weak spots that threatened to break with wear.  Lo and behold the sweater was wearable again...and the owner was ecstatic...because he's had this sweater for 35 years and its his favourite.



Which led me to my new plan - repairing favourite sweaters, socks, kilt hose...something that I enjoy and will keep handknits, cashmere sweaters, and the like still in circulation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment